Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

“If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all” Bambi (the movie)

“The Preacher sought to find words of delight...” Ecc.12 ESV

I often find myself wanting to write about the more pleasant passages in the Bible. I guess I do this for a number of reasons. One is that I worry that the harsh passages may not reflect well on God. Imagine that? Another is that I personally prefer the softer side my interactions with Him. I mean who likes to be around someone when they appear angry or childing. I would rather reflect on passages that are comforting and encouraging instead of warning and convicting. But God won't have it that way. I guess He wants me to know Him as He is, not as I would like Him to be. I reckon He also wants me to know how I am not how I imagine myself to be. He knows that some days I need to hear a word of rebuke not comfort. He kicks me in the seat of the pants instead of patting me on the back. 10/2/2010 Conversations Within ts