Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 18, 2010

“This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him” William Lyon Phelps

“Honor everyone.” 1Pt.2 ESV

I vividly remember meeting someone and greeted them without much enthusiasm until I discovered that he owned a fishing pond that I had eyed from the road. Once I found out he had something I wanted I altered the way I was interacting with him. Immediately, I felt a sadness in me and realized how ugly I was behaving. My treatment of people should have nothing to do with whether they can benefit me in some way. Every person I meet is intrinsically an “image bearer “ and as such deserves honor and respect. I have always been impressed by something C. S. Lewis said, “It is a serious thing to live in a world of possible gods and goddesses.” It grips me even more to realize that the way I treat people can help or hinder the process of expressing all that it means to bear the image of God. 10/12/2010 Conversations Within ts (Cold Mountain)