Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I think that humility is borne to us on the wings of perspective, the perspective of knowing one’s place in the world.

I think that humility is borne to us on the wings of perspective, the perspective of knowing one’s place in the world.

“Humility comes before honor.” Prov.15 ESV

I think it s a kindness shown to us that humility comes before honor. We are humbled so that any honors that come to us do not go to our head. I feel pretty certain that when God humbles us His purpose is not to embarrass but to help us discover our true worth. Humility is not having a low opinion of ourselves just a realistic one. We should not over or under estimate our value to others nor their value to us. It is probably just as important to realize that we can humble ourselves or be humbled, better the first I think. 10/13/2010 Conversations Within ts (Cold Mountain)