Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

“Worldview (Weltanschauung)--The overall perspective from which one sees and interprets the world.” The Free Dictionary

“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Gen.1 ESV

It seems rather simple, at least to me, that there is an intelligent design witnessed in all the universe. When I look its many wonders the greatest wonder of all, is my own wonder of these wonders. The “manishness of man”, as the late Francis Schaeffer called it, is the one wonder that stands out with such power that I could hardly believe that all this is the result of some cosmic accident. I quite agree with C. S. Lewis, “If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning.” But certainly not everybody feels this way. There is no reason to be offended when they don't. Some believe that in the beginning man created God. Freedom to choose one's beliefs is one part of man's manishness. Christianity offers me a reasonable explanation of that manishness. 10/29/2010 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill)