Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

“Treat your family like friends and your friends like family.” Anonymous

“For Jesus himself had testified that a prophet has no honor in his own hometown.” Jo.4 ESV

One idiom tells us that familiarity breeds contempt and I would say this is probably witnessed in family life more so than any other relationship. Have you noticed that we say things, ugly things to members of our own family that we would not dare say to perfect strangers. Strange that we would treat a stranger with greater respect than we do our on family. I have noticed that the tone I use when expressing displeasure to my wife is different if I were to say the same thing to a friend. I could get caught up trying to figure out why people do this but the simple solution is to stop it. One way to reverse this nasty tendency, is to pay attention to what I say, how I say it and speak tenderly with those closest to me. 10/10/2010 Conversations Within ts (Cold Mountain)