Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln

“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln

“I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” Jesus

What is life if it isn't lived. It matters little if I survive to old age if all I do is survive. We might be tempted to think that a good life is a collection of new experiences. I suppose there is some enjoyment in that. But what are experiences if they are not shared. We might as well ask, what is life if it isn't shared? It is in our relationships that meaning is given to our experiences. It is our friendships that enrich them. How precious is life, how valuable the friends who share it with us! 11/6/2010 Conversations Within ts (Chapel Hill NC)