Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

“What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets...

...I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?” Erma Bombeck

“Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb." Rev.19 ESV

I am not only grateful for blessings I've received but also for blessings yet to come. My gratitude not only looks back it assumes that more is on the way. This grateful assumption is not based on any worthiness I have to receive new graces but on the absolute goodness of the One from whom all graces flow. I am grateful that I have never known a day of hunger but I am also grateful that a feast is planned for my future. Save your fork, desert is still to be served. 11/16/2010 Conversations Within ts (Augusta, GA)