Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

“There are two kinds of egotists: Those who admit it, and the rest of us.” Laurence J. Peter

“He gives grace to the humble.” 1Pet.5

If there is anything, anything at all which captures the attention of God, it is said that He gives grace to the humble. Now how to be genuinely humble, well that 's the rub. Benjamin Franklin confessed that humility was a virtue that escaped him and said that the best he could manage was the appearance of it. This of course may serve us with people who make surface judgments but hardly with God who sees the hidden motives of the heart. I think that when I am honest with myself about myself I may be taking the first steps towards being honest with God. When I confess that I have a number motives behind most of what I do and admit that anything of real worth has come or will come from grace, I place myself in a position to receive more of it. Humility is a realistic appraisal of one self and then the act of humbling oneself because of what is discovered. 11/3/2010 Conversations Within ts (On the Road)