Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Every child instinctively knows how to unscrew an Oreo cookie.

“Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.” Pr.26 ESV

Yuck! I hate to admit it but I am inclined toward certain sins. Put me in a certain situation and I can pretty much predict my behavior. I lean. Because I lean, when restraint is removed, I fall in the direction of my leanings. It seems that inclinations are somewhat instinctive, we are born with them. You give a child an Oreo cookie and you can pretty much predict what they will do with it. This is why Jesus tells us that to follow Him we must be born again. We must experience a re-birth, and be born with new inclinations, new desires, new instincts. I am writing this morning from the little town of Between Ga. This is somewhat appropriate because I also write somewhere “between' my first birth and my second, squeezing through the birth canal of spiritual regeneration that I might be to be born new, and inclined wholly to do the will of God. 11/1/2010 Conversations Within ts (Between)