Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory...Amen.” Eph.3 NIV

I have an active imagination and have used it many times to escape moments of boredom. These days I piddle on my smart phone for that. To bring something from the world of imagination to the world of reality is better than using our imagination to escape reality. But as wonderful as imagination is, there are limits. This is why I am glad that glory will not be restricted by my powers of imagination. I can imagine a lot where heaven is concerned. But happily glory will be designed by the unlimited imagination and power of God who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than what I can imagine, in fact, more than the combined imagination of us all. But it is His power working in us not just around us that will exceed our expectations. Regardless of what external delights await us in glory it will be our transformed inner world that makes it Heaven to us. 11/13/2010 Conversations Within ts (Myrtle Beach SC)