Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot

“One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.” Phil.3 ESV

I have a friend who before becoming a Christian had a number of failed marriages and consequently failed relationships with his children. After becoming a disciple of Jesus, he once told me that all he wanted to do was be a good husband and father but felt that his past would make this impossible. I reminded him of one of the great promises in the Bible. “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Today my friend is happily married with twelve children and several of them adopted from past marriages. Tomorrow he adopts two more. Whatever knots we have tied in our past, God is able to untie and untangle. 11/15/2010 Conversations Within ts (Augusta, GA)