Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Col.1 ESV

The power to enjoy does not lie in our circumstances but in our hearts. Peaceful surroundings mean little if the heart is not at peace. Lasting happiness comes from within and is sustained by the singular knowledge that all is well when I am well with God. Joy is the fruit of His quiet presence within. He leads me beside still waters without because of still waters flowing within. Joy within spills over into everything else. He leads me to fine joy in pleasure and always without guilt, joy my family and friends, joy in my work and joy even in sorrow. Joy to the world, the Lord is come, He has come to live in me! 11/18/2010 Conversations Within ts (Augusta, GA)