Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, August 2, 2010

“Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith.” ~Author Unknown

“Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Jesus

The formula Jesus gave us for prayer seems simple enough. I have seen a good many answers to prayers so when I ask for something and don’t get what I ask for, I sometimes wonder what I did or didn’t do to mess up things up. Well, there is any number of considerations and none of them has anything to do with the way we hold our mouth when we ask. I think the problem is that I am trying to hard, wondering if my faith is strong enough instead of simply trusting God. Most of the answers I have seen in prayer come when I am confident that God will answer not wondering if He will. Confident prayers are almost a passing thought, sort of like asking God to pass the mash potatoes. Why wouldn’t He? Of course, it helps to know that Jesus would happily stand with your request. 7/29/2010 Conversations Within ts