Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

“Human beings, vegetables, or comic dust...

...we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible player” Albert Einstein

“By faith...he endured as seeing him who is invisible.” Heb.11 ESV

That God is invisible used to bother me until I realized that wanting Him to be visible was like wanting the sun to not be hot. God is as God is, how else could He be. I have come to appreciate the invisibility of my own soul, the air I breath even thoughts within me. I think I am finally getting used to the fact that He is invisible even growing comfortable with it. I am also coming to appreciate the unique manner He uses to speak with me. A younger me wanted the audible voice and even these days I confess I sometimes wish he would tell me things “out loud.” But He speaks well enough. Conversations within are no less real than the ones I have without. I know the difference between His voice and my own. My favorite conversations are when hear Him affirming my thoughts not when He has to interrupt them. That I don't experience that enough tells me I have a long way to go. 8/24/2010 Conversations Within