Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

“He who moves not forward, goes backward” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith…Phil.1 ESV

What is our progress and joy in the faith if it isn’t to broaden and deepen our experiences of God? And, there are many opportunities for that each day. We look to Him for purpose in life, for daily bread, for forgiveness, to keep us from evil and, to seek these things not only for ourselves but also for others. This is the reason Father gave us the gift of faith. The purpose of faith is to grow it in. I would think that joy is one measure of the progress we are making. Sadly, my prayers often express more of my doubts than my faith. When this happens I experience little joy. If anything is worth asking from God, it is worth asking for in confident faith. I know I am expressing confident faith when joy is rising in my heart. 7/28/2010 Conversations Within ts