Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” Lewis B. Smedes,

“Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.” Mt.18 ESV

Jesus is big on forgiveness. He not only forgives our transgressions and does so every time we ask Him to, He wants us to do the same when others transgress against us. Seventy times seven is his way saying we are to forgive people every time they hurt us. I think one of keys to forgiveness, isn’t so much to step into our neighbor’s shoes, our own shoes will do just fine. If I want forgiveness from God and forgiveness every time I ask for it, He asks us to offer forgiveness under same terms to those who need it from us. I have always been amazed that God forgives us today even though He knows the sins we will commit against Him tomorrow. 8/3/2010 Conversations Within ts