Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

“Speak your mind. Don't let anyone censor you… You have to express yourself no matter what anyone else thinks about it.” Quotes from Teenagers

“Speak your mind. Don't let anyone censor you… You have to express yourself no matter what anyone else thinks about it.” Quotes from Teenagers

“The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.” Pr.12 ESV

I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. What this means is that people around me are never at a loss about how I am feeling. This is neither good nor desirable, though some might take it as a form of sincerity. Truly some books are private and should not be left open for others to read. To always spill your inner thoughts reflects poor self-discipline. I have never had a problem speaking my mind but this means when I am angry I often spew it out on whoever is around. When I don’t feel good, I tell you about it. This not only reflects poor self-discipline it reveals that the arrow of my concern is often pointed the wrong direction. Instead of telling people how I feel I might try asking them how they feel. Instead of spewing out my feelings, I might try soothing the frustrations of others. Instead of expressing my vexations, I should try to get over myself and start thinking about those around me. 8/12/2010 Conversations Within ts