Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.” Pr.13 ESV

Disappointment, to say the least is disappointing. I remember as a boy my parents would sometimes take us to “Holiday Beach” for a day of swimming. I would always get up early and look out the window for rain clouds having prayed the night before that it wouldn’t rain. If I remember right, there were clouds almost as many times as there weren’t and I would direct my disappointments to God. I would even dare to blame Him for ruining my day, after all who’s in charge of the clouds.
Now that I am older, I think one important lesson in life is learning to accept disappointments as a necessary part of life. To do that we make peace with what that God sends our way and humbly accept from His hand any alterations He makes to plans. 8/6/2010 Conversations Within ts