Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, August 13, 2010

“Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others?” “The Bucket List” (movie)

“...a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.” Pr.13 ESV

I have always wanted to hike the Narrows, at Zion National Park. And, while I did get to play around the entrance scouting it out for the next day with a good friend, I never did get to complete the trip up the river. Brenda wasn’t feeling well; there were potential flash floods. A younger me would have been greatly disappointed. All in all, I realize that such things are no longer the driving force they used to be. Because of Jesus I believe I am going to live forever and I have no need to complete some “Bucket List” before I leave this place. One great value of Christ in my life is that He is teaching me to be where I am and to live each moment for God’s enjoyment by enjoying all that He is for me in the it. Laying hold of all that God is for us in this moment is the tree of life. Helping others to discover this is part of its joy.