Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

"Abraham...was called a friend of God.” James 2 ESV

Is there anything of greater value in the world than a friend. My friends are such an important part of everything I do. I think about them all the time, pray for them everyday, they influence every facet of my life. I would like to think, not so much that God is my friend, He is certainly that, but, I would like to think that I am a friend to Him. Abraham was a friend of God--I would like to believe that God looks at me as His friend. Jesus called His disciples friends. He confided in them and looked to them for companionship and laid down His life for them. It is not surprising that He would ask the same from them. Am I God's friend? Can He count on me? I know I have let Him down just as I have let down my best earthly friend. Recently I needed to ask her forgiveness. We shared only a look, I asking grace from her with pleading eyes and she gave it with a glance that said, “You know I do.” This same kind of stuff goes on all the time with God. He is such a good friend. My friend, I suspect, as with most things, that I need You to help me be a better friend to You. 8/31/2010 Conversations Within ts