Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Few people appreciate a soldier until one needs a soldier.

“The LORD is a warrior...” Ex.15 NIV

Here is one of those Scriptural images of God that at first glance makes me uneasy but only until I realize how modern notions of God have begun to seep into the cracks of my fallacious understanding. Why should it bother me that God likens Himself to a warrior? I should be comforted by it. Does it not say, “His rod and staff comfort me.” We are blessed to have a God who declares war on wickedness, who will not let evil, however it is expressed, run rampant in the world. Our hope is to one day live in a place free of all threats-that our God is a warrior insures that such a kingdom is certain to come, that God loves and forgives his enemies when they repent insures that we will be allowed to live there. 9/10/2010 Conversations Within ts