Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

“Very few people chose war. They chose selfishness and the result was war. Each of us...must choose: total love or total war.” Dave Dellinger

“The LORD is peace.” Judges6 ESV

If the world is to know peace it must be reunited to God. If I am to know peace I too must be reunited to Him. I recently heard a gay man say and say with some feeling, “I am not a perversion.” I did not say it at the time but my second thought was, “But of course you are, we are all a perversion.” All of us are corrupt and each of us in our own way have corrupted the world. I say this was my second thought because my first though was sympathy simply because I know how desperate each of us are to be loved and accepted. Jesus has made it abundantly clear that God loves us, but He has also made it clear that God intends to transform each of us into something different than we presently are. The truth is unless we admit that we are a perversion of that we have no basis on which we might be reunited with Him. Jesus is called the Prince of peace because He comes to reunite us to God. To have His peace we must first admit that our self-rule is a declaration of war against God. The only peace God offers is the unity He knows in Himself and this peace only comes by complete and unconditional surrender to Him. 9/9/2010 Conversations Within ts