Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

“When I run I feel his pleasure.” Eric Liddell

“Well done!” Jesus

So what is a remarkable life? In some ways, its a personal taste kind of thing. What causes some to sit up and notice may not be of note to others. I may think the first blind man to summit Everest remarkable. You on the other hand may admire the guy with the most yards gained carrying a football. A quick look at the people who made the history books or a list of celebrities tell us the kinds of things people consider remarkable. And, while they have some appeal to us, I am not sure that God has noticed much. Jesus was astonished by a few things .He found the faith of a Roman centurion remarkable. He took note of a poor widow who gave her last cent to God. I suppose that if Christ considered faith and sacrifice remarkable we may take it that His Father also sits up and notices such things. Certainly what God considers worthy of comment should occupy our pursuits. But it may just be that faith, hope and love however expressed is what captures Him and if climbing Everest or running a football is the expression of these things it may just be that the how and why is just as important as the what. What I do with my life and how I do it and why I do it are all determined by what I love most. 8/28/2010 Conversations Within ts