Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

“We all got it coming, kid.” Clint Eastwood -Unforgiven (the Movie)

“The LORD is my chosen portion...” Ps.16 ESV

Sometimes I say to myself, usually after some bad turn, “Well, you're only getting what you deserve dummy.” The truth is I have been spared getting what I deserve more times than not. Grace defines my days. I do not want to be treated as I deserve I can't imagine anyone in their right mind wanting that. When I tell Jesus that all my hopes are in Him I am hoping that God is my inheritance, my chosen portion. I am hoping not in the sense of wishing but in the sense of expecting it. Once we realize that all other ground is sinking sand and we choose Christ as our solid rock, let us at least stand boldly upon Him. If my confidence is in what Christ has secured for me, let me honor Him by confidently approaching the throne of grace, not hem hawing under some pretense of standing on my own record. We all got it coming at judgment the question each of us must ask is what do I expect to receive when its my turn and why. 9/11/2010 Conversations Within ts