Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

“In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.” Old Irish toast

“The Lord is at your right hand...” Ps.110 ESV

One week before Brenda and I took a southern loop into Florida, we purchased a new camper. Our old camper was a homemade rig made from an enclosed cargo trailer. When we got to Florida, we were surprised that many campgrounds did not allow people to camp in cargo trailers. We thought this funny since we had been living in one for nine months. Looking back I think God was looking after our interest in the purchase of a new camper. We would have been in a sore spot to travel to southern Florida only to find that we could not camp there.
When the Bible says that God is at my right hand it means that God looks after my best interest. It is not humbling to realize that God has actually made himself our servant. He serves us! He serves us in countless ways. He stands on our right side ready to assist us, to protect us, to look after all that concerns us. And, when He asks us to make His concerns our own even then He is looking after our best interest. For it is when we serve others, when we give that we receive. God stands at my right hand and tells me that it is my best interest to stand at His. 9/17/2010 Conversations Within ts