Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

“Whoever sings songs to a heavy heart is like one who takes off a garment on a cold day, and like vinegar on soda.” Pro.25 ESV

Everyday I repeat the Prayer of Saint Francis. You know the one that goes “Lord make me an instrument of your peace” On another note, not all repetition is good. I repeat myself, almost uncontrollably. Somehow I think that if I say the same thing several differ ways I will hammer in of my point of view. My wife assures me it doesn't. In fact she tells me it only aggravates her. I find that the harder I try to sell my goods to others, the more sales resistant they become. I guess the real lesson here is for me to stop being a salesman. Now if this is true, how do I become an instrument of peace? You know, where there is hatred let me sow love stuff. I mean I want to help bring pardon where there is injury, and light here there is darkness, and joy where there sadness. Perhaps the answer lies in the second stanza of this famous prayer. “Grant that I may not so much seek...to be understood, as to understand. The best way to be a positive influence is to probably stop trying to influence and just be there for those you love. 9/25/2010 Conversations Within ts