Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

“God will provide - ah, if only He would till He does!” Yiddish Proverb

“The Lord is my Shepherd...” Ps.23 ESV

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. Sadly, I don't always embrace this reality with confidence. I especially struggle with it when He has put me in one of the waiting rooms of the world. Perhaps I have asked for wisdom in a particular situation but still don't know what to do. It may be that that I have asked Him to lead me but I still don't know where to go. We do well to remember that shepherds make their sheep lie down and sometimes when they may have their eye on grass anywhere but where they are. Having everything I need doesn't mean I have tomorrow's needs today, or even that I have what I need the next hour, it means I have everything I need right now. Experience has taught me that there are times when my greatest need is to simply lie down and graze in the pasture where I am. Experience has also taught me I have never been in any situation where my Shepherd did not provide what was needed. Never! 9/12/2010 Conversations Within ts