Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

“Any belief worth having must survive doubt” Anonymous

“Lord I believe, help my unbelief.” (A father to Jesus when asking help for his son.) Mark 9

There is more at stake in matters of faith than just our own doubts. I would believe God not just for myself but also for the benefit of those I love. I have witnessed the power of love in parents who began to seek God in earnest for no other reason than they want what is best for their children. As my love for family and friends grows, my desire for a greater faith also grows. It bothers me that I do not have faith enough to trust God for the healing of hurting friends. I fear my doubts hinder my prayers for them. If I believe , truly believe, then where is the confidence that God will give me what I ask for when I pray for others. I am in between doubt and faith all of the time. Lord, I believe, help my unbelief, not only for my benefit but for those I love. Conversations Within ts 1/5/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)