Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one. Vladimir Nabokov

“If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” Psalm.139 (David praying watching the sun rise in the east and setting over the Mediterranean)

Recently I have taken to rising early to read, reflect and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. There is something in a sunrise that moves my heart to awe and adoration. From the rising of the sun to its setting, Father, You are properly praised. To be aware, yes awake to God's presence is to know what it means to “pray without ceasing.” And, to know that God is always there; not just when the sun rises or sets, but in the shower, or the car, daylight and dark, good times and bad is to know friendship like no other. I can never look at a sunrise or sunset without being aware of Him; I think He would teach me how to wake to Him throughout the day. Conversations Within ts 1/12/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)