Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 2, 2012

“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” Mother Teresa

“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12 NIV

When my wife and I argue, it can usually be traced to forgetfulness. We forget that we promised to love each other even on the days we don't like each other. We forget that love doesn't run away and sulk, it always seeks the highest good of the one you love. Each of us must remember, that to a large degree, God desires to define who we are by our service to one another. The question I ask myself is do I see myself as a servant to those in my life. If I am not thinking of ways to serve people, I may be thinking of ways to use them and that always leads to trouble. 12/26/11 Conversations Within ts (Birmingham, AL)