Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 9, 2012

"What is certainty but the refuge of those whose faith is not strong enough to entertain doubt." Robert Brault

“I will question you, and you make it known to me.” (God speaking to Job) Job 40

I am certain some of the things I believe about God are wrong. This is one of the reasons I come here to reflect everyday. If we never have doubts about our beliefs how can the Spirit of God lead us into truth. One of the ways that God instructs is by raising doubt about false assumptions. If this is true how can we know anything with certainty. Faith of course, and with it a good heaping dose of humility. Jesus does promise help, that His Spirit will lead us into all truth. It is good for our pride to remember that in this place we are always being led. No one has arrived. Conversations Within ts 1/3/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)