Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

One cannot promote peace and pride on the same banner.

Every goodness follows those who promote peace for they will be called God's children. Jesus

I pray the prayer of St. Francis quite often, the one that begins, “Lord make me an instrument of your peace.” The problem is that my pride often gets in the way. For example, I sincerely pray that these reflections encourage peace in the lives of those who read them. But sometimes I find myself more concerned about writing something original than I am about the original reason for writing. That reason is to find the peace of Jesus in my own heart and then to share it with family and friends. Any self centered concerns that creep in do not promote His peace just my pride. The only banner I should fly is the banner of His love. 12/29/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)