Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“Eternity is really long, especially near the end” Woody Allen

“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God...” Jesus

I suppose it is hard to get one's head around eternal life. Most of us have difficulty just thinking about the next year. Jesus did not define eternal life as living forever. He told us that eternal life is the experience of knowing God. Maybe He said this because it will take an eternity to know Him. When I think about life in these terms it gives me a handle on each moment. The people I meet, the things I do, all become a means of experiencing God in some way. This might sound like mystical nonsense. But once you come to accept that everything around you expresses the creative energy of a Person then everything reveals something to you about that person. I think God will help us with this if we will let Him, sort of like being given a personal tour of a garden by the gardener. Conversations Within ts 1/25/2012 (On the Road)