Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“Forever is composed of nows.” Emily Dickinson

“Whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” Jesus

It matters little to think about living forever if I am not living life now. As a Christian I am excited at the prospect of life without end but eternal life doesn't begin when we die, it is connected to this moment. It is not only the quantity but the quality of the quantity that matters. It is one thing to merely exist it is another to really live. And, I should think that living is so much more than the pursuit of endless pleasures. Any one who has lived at all knows the difference between pleasure and joy. I want eternal joy, purpose, meaning. I want life beyond mere feelings or physical sensations. I want something you can sink spiritual teeth into. My life as a Christian in the here and now has given me a taste. I want more! Everlasting life is God's answer. Conversations Within ts 1/24/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)