Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Private thoughts are public domain where God is concerned.

“Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.” David (speaking to God) Ps 139

Recent health problems have caused me to refrain from talking. My wife and I rely on hand signals or text messages to communicate. This limitation has proved no problem for my prayers though. My affliction has served to remind me that God hears my very thoughts. I have always been one to pray out loud so it is strange that I would find myself comfortable conversing only with thoughts. I find that there are many advantages to it. My wife often has to guess what I am trying to say but I am comforted that there is no guess work where God is concerned. Even when I do not know how to voice my prayers, I am assured that God fills in the blanks. What this means is that every through cast in God's direction, even those that are nothing more than an anguished groan, will be accepted and fit into Kingdom purposes. Conversations Within ts 1/10/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)