Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Of course I doubt. I do not practice a certainty. I practice a faith." Robert Brault

“For we walk by faith not by sight.” Paul (the Apostle)

When the Scriptures tell us that we walk by faith and not by sight, they do not mean that there can be no certainties to our faith. I personally have good reasons to trust God, He has proven Himself worthy of my trust time and time again. My faith in Him is not a blind faith it is rooted in my personal history. But there are things promised to us that are not yet realized, so all we have to go on is His promise. My doubts, and I certainly have them, usually center on my understanding of what He is promising. If faith in God is anything, it is a personal matter. This means that any certainty we have or may not have will differ depending on our personal experiences of faith. Even though I have certainty in some things, I lack it in others. We must give room for our doubts and the doubts of others. God certainly and patiently does. Conversations Within ts 1/4/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)