Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, January 9, 2012

“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt.” Buddha

“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” James 1.6

One of my greatest fears is self-deception. Because of this, I question just about everything. It can be good to be cautious about one's belief but a lingering doubt can cripple. If one is just starting out on a journey of faith, it is understandable to have doubts just as people must gradually learn to trust one another in any new relationship. But over time, when someone has earned your trust, to keep doubting, keep questioning, well lets just say that doubt becomes an insult. I am grateful that God overlooks my insults to Him. I am also glad that He will not settle for this kind of relationship. I believe He wants to move me from doubt to confidence--a kind of causal certainty. I think there comes a time in every healthy relationship when the greatest compliment we give to someone is to take their love for granted. Not that we fail to appreciate it, we just know they will keep up their end of things. Conversations Within ts 1/2/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)