Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some people drown in the depths of God's mysterious ways, others swim, float, even play in the very same ocean.

“Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.” David (speaking to God) Psalms 139

I am over my head most of the time where God is concerned. There is much that puzzles me. But after years and years of trying to touch bottom in the ocean of mysteries, it bothers me less and less that I can't. I think I have finally given up trying to understand some things. I guess you could say that I am growing comfortable swimming in water over my head. I have decided that I will continue to pray even if God says no to what I think is a reasonable even good request. I will try to give Him thanks even when He allows hurt and injury to come to His children. It is enough to know that He is master of the waters, supporting me. I find that if I just stop struggling and lay back, I will float in His divine current. “In Him we live and move and have our being.” Conversations Within ts 1/11/2012 (Jacksonville. Fl)